Interested in joining the Junior League of Greater Covington?
• New Member Application
Come join us in making the greater Covington community a better place! We welcome your interest in learning more about membership admission to the Junior League of Greater Covington:
In order to be considered for membership in the JLGC, prospective members must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Possess a commitment to voluntarism
- Attend a New Member/Provisional Open Houses
- Attend Super Saturday Orientation
Upcoming Open House Dates:
- July 31st, 2021
- August 16th, 2021
Provisional Course for New Members
The Junior League of Greater Covington trains a class of first-year members (Provisionals) to be effective volunteers and leaders in our community each year. Provisional members complete a comprehensive training series that allows them to learn about our League structure and programs, as well as experience some of our community programs first-hand. The Provisional training course begins in August of each year.
Once admitted as a Provisional member of the JLGC, new members must complete the following Provisional Course expectations:
- Attend at least FOUR (4) General Membership Meetings
o Held monthly August-May
- Attend at least ONE (1) Business Meeting in the fall or spring
- Attend at least SIX (6) Provisional Meetings
o Held monthly September-May
- Complete at least 17 hours in Community (including in-person and virtual trainings and community volunteer hours)
- Complete at least 7 hours in Fund Development
- Organize and complete Provisional Project (determined by Provisional class)
- Attend In-League Social events (unlimited)
- Provisional Installation Banquet in May
- Provisional member financial obligations:
o JLGC Annual Dues: $120 + One-time Application Fee: $50
- Due by Super Saturday in August
o Fall Financial Obligation: $75
o Spring Financial Obligation: $50
o Purchase 10 Roux-to-Do Cookbooks by end of first ACTIVE year
Wow! That seems a lot your provisional year, hopefully this will answer a few more questions you may have:
“I work full time and have a crazy life/kids/family/dog. What is the time commitment required to be a member?”
- Your first year in the League is well rounded as well as the most interesting. You will work on a variety of projects and get to know our League. Most consider the first year in our League as the most time intensive. There is a required number of volunteer hours and meetings. Please come to one of the New Member Open Houses in July/August to learn more.
“I am trying to plan my wedding/vacation/life. Do you have the dates of all the mandatory meetings”?
- Our calendar runs August 1 to May 31, and a Provisional Chair is put into place on June 1. As soon as she gets her team together, they will begin mapping out your provisional course. We will provide all the important dates to our new members as soon as we can.
We look forward to your membership! Email our membership committee with any questions at email@example.com