JLGC Gives $20K in Community Grants
The Junior League of Greater Covington awarded thirteen Community Assistance Grants totaling $20,000 during the 2018-2019 league year!
- Miracle League Northshore – $2,000
- Girls on the Run – $500
- Hospice House – $1,000
- Girl Scouts Louisiana East – $2,000
- Louisiana Coalition Against Human Trafficking– Free Indeed Home-$750 + items for residents
- Special Olympics – $1,000
- Friends of St. Anthony – $500
- Northshore Food Bank – $2,000
- Bonny Barry, Equine Reflections, Inc. $1,000
- Leadership Northshore Team Never Alone, United in Suicide Awareness $500
- NAMI-St. Tammany $1,000
- YMCA of West St. Tammany $2,000
- CMST – $5,000
Community Assistance Grant applications may be found below. The application must be filled out in full and needs to benefit organizations that match the JLGC focus area of education or any of the following areas: youth, elderly, cultural enrichment or community awareness and/or social services. The funds must be used in the West St. Tammany area and all funds must benefit the community at large.
The following will not be considered for funding: religious instruction or teaching, political activities, fundraising expenses, contributions to capital drives or salary/overhead expenses.
The current application period begins August 1st of each year and extends through April 1 of the following year. Grants will be awarded in May.
Organizations must submit a new application each year to be considered. Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.